Facebook discussion group for intentional applications of
music and sound
Expanding the Role of Music
in the Age of Covid & Climate
1. Globally, we are living in an unparalleled time of multiple and coincident challenges.
2. Forward! There is no going back because collectively we have all shifted, peri-Covid.
3. Isolation has become a psychological by-product of these times.
4. Artistic expression has an opportunity to play a major role in community healing.
5. Music is historically known for rebuilding social cohesion.
6. A redefining of the healing role of musicians in disrupted culture is called for.
7. Therapeutic/concert/folk musicians and educated soundworkers evolve into sonic activists.
8. The new audience/listener/patient emerges: society writ large.
9. Renaissance is at hand.
• What is currently needed in our communities?
• How do we bring the healing timbre of music and sound in these times?
• What do we know from current research?
• How do we take care of ourselves?
• How do we adapt our skillsets to fit a new world?
• What collaborations bring power to our work?
• What is sonic activism in 2022?